- Privacy policies and data collection and use policies should be human readable, comprehensive, and easy to locate;
- Only the minimum amount of information reasonably necessary to provide you with services should be collected and maintained, and only for so long as reasonably needed or required;
- Information you provide through our Services, or that we gather as a result of your use of our Services, should not be used for marketing or advertising purposes, nor should it be provided voluntarily (without your permission) to anyone else unless required; and
- If Jobenomics is required to provide a third party with your personal information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then provided we have collected and retained an email address for you, Jobenomics will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or JOB is otherwise advised
- not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Personal Information JOB Collects
We may collect personal information through our Services, including without limitation:
- in connection with your selection of one of our licenses or legal tools including JOB0 or the Public Domain Mark;
- when you provide us with your personal information such as by sending an email to us or signing up to receive updates from Jobenomics;
- when you subscribe to one of our email discussion lists;
- when you donate money to us or purchase merchandise;
- when you create a Jobenomics user account; and
- when you provide personal information in connection with your participation in any of the forums we make available through our Services.
What JOB Does with Personal Information
Emails and Newsletters. We use the personal information you provide to us when you send us emails or sign up to receive updates from Jobenomics in order to respond to your request – for example, to reply to your email or to send you communications about Jobenomics news and campaigns.
When you subscribe to updates from us, your email address is sent to and stored in a database hosted on Jobenomics’ or third party servers that can only be accessed by Jobenomics staff and contractors.
Donations. When you donate money to us or purchase merchandise via our support page, your personal information will be handled depending on which option you choose.
- If you purchase merchandise from the Jobenomics website, your personal information will be used for the purpose of sending you the items you purchased. If you sign up to receive updates from Jobenomics, we will use your personal information to send you communications about Jobenomics news and campaigns.
- when you provide your donation, we will use your personal information to send you communications about Jobenomics news and campaigns.
Participating in Our Community
Registered Users. When you register to obtain a user account on any of the Services (any such person, a “Registered User”), you may be asked to provide personal information to create your account and establish a password and profile. We encourage you to use an alias or nickname if you are not comfortable providing your legal name. The name or nickname you provide in connection with your account may be used to attribute you in connection with any content you submit to any Service. We also use that personal information to establish and maintain your account, to provide you with the features we provide Registered Users, and to email you regarding changes to this policy or other applicable policies. If you sign up to receive updates from Jobenomics when you create your account, we will use your personal information to send you communications about Jobenomics news and campaigns.
Disclosures of Personal Information
In general, it is not Jobenomics’ practice to disclose personal information to third parties. We may share your personal information in two instances:
First, Jobenomics may share personal information with our contractors and service providers in order to maintain, enhance, or add to the functionality of the Services.
If Jobenomics is required to provide a third party with your personal information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then provided we have collected and retained an email address for you, Jobenomics will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or JOB is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Security of Personal Information Collected via the Services
Jobenomics has implemented reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of personal information that Jobenomics stores and controls. However, no website can fully eliminate security risks. Third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We will post a reasonably prominent notice to the Websites if any such security breach occurs.
Data Usage Policy: Non Personal Browsing and Site Usage Information
Our Data Usage Policy covers how we maintain and use information about you that is collected by our Services, including when you log into a website using your Jobenomics access information.
Non Personal Browsing Information We Collect
When you use the Services, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) may collect information indirectly and automatically (through, for example, the use of your “IP address”) about your activities while visiting the Websites and information about the browser you are using. In addition, whenever you use your Jobenomics access information to log into a website, our servers (which, again, may be hosted by a third party service provider) keep a log of the websites you visit and when you visit them.
We do not intentionally link browsing information to the personal information you submit to us. We use this information for internal purposes only, such as to help understand how the Services are being used, to improve our Services, and for systems administration purposes. JOB may use a third party analytics provider to help us collect and analyze non personal browsing information through operation of our Services for those same purposes.
No Selling or Sharing
JOB could technically access your web-based account tied to our website, and could log in on behalf of any of its users to any of the accounts they have accessed using their Jobenomics access information. Jobenomics will never use this technical login ability for any purpose unless otherwise required by law or requested by you.
Reorganization or Spin-Offs
The Services are not directed at children under the age of 13. Consistent with the federal Children’s Online Privacy
Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without requiring parental consent.
Special Note to International Users
Effective Date: 2017-01-01 (January 01st 2017). For an archive of previous JOB privacy policies, see here.